Whenever you select an environmentally-friendly gift for your family, friends and workmates, you help to create a more healthful and joyful future for both them and the planet.
Good Green Habits for Gifts
Here are ideas to make your gift-giving greener:
- Choose solar powered presents, such as flashlights, lamps, laptop chargers, and radios.
- Give organic and/or Fair Trade candy, coffee, food, and wine.
- Look for items made from natural or recycled materials, such as jewelry, glassware, lamps, vases and works of art.
- Purchase gifts that produce less waste, such as movie/concert tickets, museum or park passes and gift certificates.
- Select gifts that are durable, reusable, repairable, refillable, and/or recyclable.
- Avoid gifts that use batteries—but if you can’t, make sure they have power adapters (electrical plugs) and include rechargeable batteries with a charger.
- Stay away from overly packaged products.