Americans discard 25% more garbage between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day than at any other time of year──which adds 5 million extra tons of garbage in our landfills each year!
Good Green Habits for Eco-Friendly Gift Wrap
You can help generate less waste during the holiday season with these easy green steps:
- Cover gifts with felt and reuse the felt next year─this works especially well with odd sized gifts!
- Wrap gifts in old maps, colorful newspaper comics, posters, reusable gift bags, and decorated paper bags, cardboard boxes or baskets.
- Decorate them with reusable ribbons, twine or bows—and after opening presents, save them for next year.
- Buy low-cost rolls of leftover wrapping paper from Goodwill or the Salvation Army.
- Purchase gift wrap made from 100% recycled paper or paper made tree-free fibers such as hemp.
- Make gift tags from last year’s holiday cards.