Many stores offer money-saving deals on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) to boost their bottom line and kick-off the holiday season. You can enjoy the savings and feel great about keeping the planet healthy by greening your shopping trip.
Good Green Habits for Shopping
Adopt these eco-friendly shopping and lifestyle habits:
- Bring your reusable bags since they often hold more stuff and have comfortable handles.
- Patronize local stores to save gas and support local merchants
- Shop online to save even more gas—but expect the best deals on Cyber Monday.
- Purchase items that don’t require a lot of extra packaging and are made from recycled or eco-friendly materials (such as organic cotton and hemp).
- Skip drive-through fast food at lunchtime to keep your idling car from polluting the air.
- Use your own refillable travel cup for on-the-go beverages.
Copyright © 2009 Good Green Habits – All Rights Reserved